Muslimahs4Algeria
Aslam alaykum wa ramatuallahi wa brakatahu ,
This forum is for Muslim women who have connections to Algeria.

NO MEN ALLOWED PLEASE FEAR ALLAH
Muslimahs4Algeria
Aslam alaykum wa ramatuallahi wa brakatahu ,
This forum is for Muslim women who have connections to Algeria.

NO MEN ALLOWED PLEASE FEAR ALLAH
Muslimahs4Algeria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Muslimahs4Algeria

A forum for women who have connection to Algeria ,to share and learn about living there life as an expat . Helping other women who have moved there support group

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metro in Algeria

Go down 
+2
umm burhan
umm kaoutar
6 posters
AuthorMessage
umm kaoutar
umm kaoutar

Female Number of posts : 413
Emploi : To work towards jannah
Registration date : 2010-03-14

Metro in Algeria Empty
PostSubject: Metro in Algeria   Metro in Algeria Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 8:29 pm

Maghreb's first metro system opens in Algeria
A brand-new subway station in Algiers
Wikimedia Commons
By RFI

Algerian President Abdelaziz Bouteflika inaugurated the first underground rail system in a Maghreb country, when he cut the ribbon at a ceremony in a new metro station in Algiers on Monday.

After almost thirty years, the new system is finally up and running and from Tuesday it will be open to the Algerian public.

For 50 dinars (about 50 cents) passengers will be able to travel along an eight point five kilometre line between the Grande Poste and the Al Badr district in Kouba, in southeastern Algiers.

Some observers have criticised the price of the tickets, the equivalent of about five loaves of bread in Algeria, but Transport Minister Amar Tou insists that the cost is subsidised by the state.

He points out that the if passengers buy a monthly travel pass, the cost of each journey is reduced to 35 dinars (about 35 cents).

The service will run from 5.00 am until 11.00 pm.

There will be ten metro stations and extensions to the line are already under construction, while at least two more lines are planned to serve the city of three million people.

The system was built by Siemens France, Vinci and CAF, who won the contract after it was put out to international tender.

Eric Cazeaux, Director of Division Rail Systems at Siemens France, hailed the success of the project and highlighted the contribution made by Algerian engineers and technicians.

The French-owned company RATP-El Djazaïr will operate the system with a staff of 400, and there will be 400 security personnel.

It's hoped that by 2020 the metro system will cover 40 kilometres of the Algerian capital, and a new tramway system is scheduled to open in May.

Algiers has finally become the second city in Africa to have a metro system (after Cairo in Egypt) following decades of problems with the project, which was suspended due to lack of funding in the 1980s and then again in the 1990s during the period of civil war.
Back to top Go down
http://anisa75.blogspot.com/
umm kaoutar
umm kaoutar

Metro in Algeria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metro in Algeria   Metro in Algeria Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 8:30 pm

masha`allah the station beside me is about to open they have opened the road beside it and traffic is allowed to come out form their

i hope this will give less pressure on the raods as sometimes it is just too much Maghreb's first metro system opens in Algeria
A brand-new subway station in Algiers
Wikimedia Commons
By RFI

Algerian President Abdelaziz Bouteflika inaugurated the first underground rail system in a Maghreb country, when he cut the ribbon at a ceremony in a new metro station in Algiers on Monday.

After almost thirty years, the new system is finally up and running and from Tuesday it will be open to the Algerian public.

For 50 dinars (about 50 cents) passengers will be able to travel along an eight point five kilometre line between the Grande Poste and the Al Badr district in Kouba, in southeastern Algiers.

Some observers have criticised the price of the tickets, the equivalent of about five loaves of bread in Algeria, but Transport Minister Amar Tou insists that the cost is subsidised by the state.

He points out that the if passengers buy a monthly travel pass, the cost of each journey is reduced to 35 dinars (about 35 cents).

The service will run from 5.00 am until 11.00 pm.

There will be ten metro stations and extensions to the line are already under construction, while at least two more lines are planned to serve the city of three million people.

The system was built by Siemens France, Vinci and CAF, who won the contract after it was put out to international tender.

Eric Cazeaux, Director of Division Rail Systems at Siemens France, hailed the success of the project and highlighted the contribution made by Algerian engineers and technicians.

The French-owned company RATP-El Djazaïr will operate the system with a staff of 400, and there will be 400 security personnel.

It's hoped that by 2020 the metro system will cover 40 kilometres of the Algerian capital, and a new tramway system is scheduled to open in May.

Algiers has finally become the second city in Africa to have a metro system (after Cairo in Egypt) following decades of problems with the project, which was suspended due to lack of funding in the 1980s and then again in the 1990s during the period of civil war.
Back to top Go down
umm burhan
v
v
umm burhan

Female Number of posts : 4937
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Metro in Algeria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metro in Algeria   Metro in Algeria Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 6:24 am

Assalamalaikum.
Finally. Great news.
Anyone know where one buys the tickets, is it like in England that one buys them at the station, then goes through a barrier with it ?
Anyone been using the metro already (where it was open).
(Having plans of moving about more, like to know what to expect ?)
Back to top Go down
Umm Muadh
"
Metro in Algeria Newbie10

Female Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2011-12-09

Metro in Algeria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metro in Algeria   Metro in Algeria Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 6:29 am

Assalamu alaikum,

The metro in Cairo is great but is only the equivalent of UK 10 pence :) People's wages are less than in Algeria though. In Cairo, they have two compartments for women only, which you the same :)

Umm Hanifa
Back to top Go down
umm kaoutar
umm kaoutar

Metro in Algeria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metro in Algeria   Metro in Algeria Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 10:57 am

i myself havent been on it yet ...so iasked dh and he said that to buy the tickets it`s the same as in the uk ... you go tothe counter and but your ticket and then place in the machine where you pass by

i also asked about compartments ... it all one and nothing separate for women
Back to top Go down
ummhammam
"
Metro in Algeria Newbie10

Female Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2007-05-07

Metro in Algeria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metro in Algeria   Metro in Algeria Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 6:59 pm

Assalamou alaikoum

MashaAllah

Last edited by ummhammam on Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
umm burhan
v
v
umm burhan

Metro in Algeria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metro in Algeria   Metro in Algeria Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 8:17 am

Assalamalaikum.
There is link to a map for train, tram and metro posted in this thread:
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
They said they would build more lines over the years. I am sure I have seen a map with all the lines, when I find it I post it here (I am sure it was on this forum, maybe someone beats me to it)
Back to top Go down
Kate
v
v
Kate

Female Number of posts : 1198
Registration date : 2007-03-30

Metro in Algeria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metro in Algeria   Metro in Algeria Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 9:02 am

I don't trust the underground in the UK.... I won't be using it here...lol
Back to top Go down
http://newrhythms-kate.blogspot.com/
Admin
~
~
Admin

Female Number of posts : 3758
Registration date : 2007-03-22

Metro in Algeria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metro in Algeria   Metro in Algeria Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 9:38 am

Aslam alaykum
mashallah it is a blessing to have in dz , makes life so much easier to get around without having to wait for others to give you a lift . i went on trams and was impressed and only over the road from me so good for us and dh went on tubes and was happy with them so looking forward to getting about a bit and seeing things i havent seem before inshallah
Back to top Go down
umm burhan
v
v
umm burhan

Metro in Algeria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metro in Algeria   Metro in Algeria Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 8:14 pm

Assalamalaikum.
Wether the system here is good or not, it will make it easier for me to get round, the buses here are awful, the tram and metro can only be better, I see the tram going past here and it looks very nice.
Comparing the metro systems of other cities, London, Vienna, and St.petersburg (about 20 years ago), I must say the one in Vienna is the best. Clean, bright, easily accessible even with pram or wheelchair, and I mean every station no matter how old, unlike in London where going anywhere with a pram on the metro turns into a struggle up and down stairs, narrow corridors in older stations, long walks when interchanging.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Metro in Algeria Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metro in Algeria   Metro in Algeria Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metro in Algeria
Page 1 of 1